When I first heard about the project, Oil Reporting in Iraq, I was a little surprised that it was even necessary for people outside Iraq to deal with such a topic. It was one of the first projects I worked on at OpenOil back in 2010, and it consisted of a wikipedia-style database with articles more »
Recent blog posts
- Is a 12% interest rate by Glencore to itself in Mauritania “normal”?
- The open data map of oil concessions extends to 18 countries in the Middle East
- Apply now for online training in financial modeling of extractives!
- An Open Data Concession Map of the World – Part I, Sub-Saharan Africa
- What happens when you can search 30 million words of oil contracts?
As today's barrel scrapings reveal: Russia's oil industry evolves (but no, Putin is not loosening his iron-fisted grip) and big, sagging economies look set to push down on oil prices. Read below for more... Financial Times: Russian evolution - Reshaping Putin's oil industry Russia's energy industry is at a crossroads.