Here you will find the models and interviews with the modelers:
- Malawi – Kayelekera uranium mine
- Brazil – Libra offshore oilfield
- Mongolia – Oyu Tolgoi gold mine (UPDATE)
- Indonesia – Batu Hijau mining project.
- Argentina – Vaca Muerta unconventional oil & gas development
- More to come!
Previously, we published models of projects in:
- Chad – Glencore’s Mangara and Badila oilfield in Chad (3MB),
- Afghanistan – Amu Darya oil field operated by CNPC in Afghanistan (6MB),
- Tanzania – Bulyanhulu gold mine operated by Acacia Mining (6MB),
- Mongolia – Rio Tinto, Oyu Tolgoi gold mine (5MB),
- Uganda – Tullow, for Global Witness
Data sources and documentation
Rigorous documentation of data sources is critical for the robustness and credibility of model results, and we are developing standards for how we document data sources within the model, and if there remains a gap how we can fill it by making a sensible assumption.
For each of these models we provide: (1) an Excel version of the model, (2) a narrative report summarising findings, (3) the document summary containing source documents for all exegesis of the contracts and data inputs and assumptions, and (4) a separate Information Gap analysis, which classifies a series of gaps in the data and quantifies the uncertainty arising from each in terms of potential government revenues.