Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.
Recent blog posts
- Is a 12% interest rate by Glencore to itself in Mauritania “normal”?
- The open data map of oil concessions extends to 18 countries in the Middle East
- Apply now for online training in financial modeling of extractives!
- An Open Data Concession Map of the World – Part I, Sub-Saharan Africa
- What happens when you can search 30 million words of oil contracts?
At OpenOil we've been engaged in the last couple of months in seeing how it is possible to use Big Data techniques to track the corporate web across the world's oil, gas and mining companies. Part of this has involved seeing if together with our friends we can actually get into company registers in some out of the way places and datafy company records at the local level. That's included Tanzania, where there are FOIA requests currently in to pull the basic shreholding and director lists of about 30 companies active in mining.