The Squeeze is marketed as a “groundbreaking new study of the entire industry”; a tall order, given the size of the world’s largest industry. Happily, it is accurate advertising, as Bower introduces us to an astonishing number of different aspects of the industry, and manages somehow to have an insiders’ perspective on each. The style more »
Recent blog posts
- Come and get it! OpenOil publishes first open API for oil rights
- Shell, BG, and keeping the lights on in Tunisia
- Open modeling will help governments, whether they admit it or not
- Public interest models: a powerful tool for the advocacy agenda
- Public interest modeling is the entry point, not the grand finale, of transparency work
Importance of Oil Revenues Syria's oil and gas industry is modest by global standards but it provides a considerable amount of the Assad regime's income. According to IMF estimates, oil revenues represented between 21% and 30% of total government income in the years 2006-10, grossing $2.8 billion in 2008 and $2.