The Squeeze is marketed as a “groundbreaking new study of the entire industry”; a tall order, given the size of the world’s largest industry. Happily, it is accurate advertising, as Bower introduces us to an astonishing number of different aspects of the industry, and manages somehow to have an insiders’ perspective on each. The style more »
Recent blog posts
- Come and get it! OpenOil publishes first open API for oil rights
- Shell, BG, and keeping the lights on in Tunisia
- Open modeling will help governments, whether they admit it or not
- Public interest models: a powerful tool for the advocacy agenda
- Public interest modeling is the entry point, not the grand finale, of transparency work
There can't be many countries who face famine as their GDP rises by 14%. Yet that is the situation in the West African state of Niger, where the World Food Program, the International Red Cross, Oxfam and other humanitarian agencies launched appeals this week to help some 400,000 people now at risk from severe malnutrition. At the same time as an oil boom kicks in and IMF analysis predicts a rise in government income of 30% in 2012.