The Squeeze is marketed as a “groundbreaking new study of the entire industry”; a tall order, given the size of the world’s largest industry. Happily, it is accurate advertising, as Bower introduces us to an astonishing number of different aspects of the industry, and manages somehow to have an insiders’ perspective on each. The style more »
Recent blog posts
- Shell, BG, and keeping the lights on in Tunisia
- Open modeling will help governments, whether they admit it or not
- Public interest models: a powerful tool for the advocacy agenda
- Public interest modeling is the entry point, not the grand finale, of transparency work
- Modeling: Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good
Today's barrel scrapes include: a duplicitous tale of one man against the establishment in post-oligarch Russia; oil majors deepen the Arab/Kurd fault lines in Iraq; and Robin Mills shines a light on the way forward for Indian energy security. More below... Foreign Policy: The Last Free Oligarch Mikhail Fridman - 43rd richest man in the world, Kremlin bezzie and flatteringly described by Steve LeVine as 'a pudgy man with an impish grin', but has he fallen out with favour with Putin to become the latest victim in a post-oligarch Russia?