OpenOil and Cordaid are publishing a series of policy briefs about the oil, gas and mining industries of South Sudan, Colombia, DR Congo, Guatemala and Nigeria. The briefs are written for the people directly involved and aim to improve the quality of the public debate about the industries. The first policy brief is on South more »
Recent blog posts
- Shell, BG, and keeping the lights on in Tunisia
- Open modeling will help governments, whether they admit it or not
- Public interest models: a powerful tool for the advocacy agenda
- Public interest modeling is the entry point, not the grand finale, of transparency work
- Modeling: Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good
What it would be really interesting to know is: how far is Tunisia's government aware today that it will shortly have a new business partner in keeping the lights on in the country? The announcement that Shell is acquiring the BG Group is certainly global business news. A result of falling oil prices and higher costs, the pressure on some companies with less capital and the highest profile example of consolidation that market analysts in London, New York and who knows where else have been predicting for months now.