OpenOil and Cordaid are publishing a series of policy briefs about the oil, gas and mining industries of South Sudan, Colombia, DR Congo, Guatemala and Nigeria. The briefs are written for the people directly involved and aim to improve the quality of the public debate about the industries. The first policy brief is on South more »
Recent blog posts
- Why include private entity contracts in a governance database?
- Repository 3rd edition release – 723 contracts from 72 countries
- Come and get it! OpenOil publishes first open API for oil rights
- Shell, BG, and keeping the lights on in Tunisia
- Open modeling will help governments, whether they admit it or not
The Center for Global Development has published a blog today on our paper suggesting a citizen dividend in Iraq. Using the anticipated rise in Iraqi oil production, we propose a dividend that could have dramatic development and poverty reduction effect, helping Iraq towards meeting several of the MDGs, without cutting into current government expenditure levels at all. There is also an Arabic translation, to get debate going in the region, and a "Wonkcast" which is a 20 minute audio interview on the concept of oil dividends.