Last month in Lagos, we brought together activists from the tech and oil worlds for a hackathon on the extractive industries of Nigeria. A hackathon, in the lexicon of computer geekery, is what happens when people pool their research, programming, hacking skills to solve a problem or investigate a particular subject, sometimes over a period more »
Recent blog posts
- Is a 12% interest rate by Glencore to itself in Mauritania “normal”?
- The open data map of oil concessions extends to 18 countries in the Middle East
- Apply now for online training in financial modeling of extractives!
- An Open Data Concession Map of the World – Part I, Sub-Saharan Africa
- What happens when you can search 30 million words of oil contracts?
To our daily news review followers... Scraping the Barrel is on a short summer hiatus. We'll be tweeting interesting stories from @Open_Oil as usual, and will have some new content for you upon our return- a list of our Top 20 Oil Blogs amongst other titbits.