Posts by Lucy Wallwork:
No posts by this author.
Recent blog posts
- Shell, BG, and keeping the lights on in Tunisia
- Open modeling will help governments, whether they admit it or not
- Public interest models: a powerful tool for the advocacy agenda
- Public interest modeling is the entry point, not the grand finale, of transparency work
- Modeling: Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good
We were running some numbers on Iraq's first EITI report, published in December, and stumbled on a surprising fact: the reconciliation report carried out by Price Waterhouse Cooper, mapped exactly onto an audit by KPMG of the Development Fund for Iraq accounts held in New York. And yet there is a discrepancy of at least $80 million between the two reports, and possibly as much as four billion dollars. Of course, discrepancies do not prove anything in and of themselves.